rm 163 wheatlands logo

Fire Suppression – Controlled or Planned

May 8, 2023News

Fire Suppression

All controlled or planned burns must be reported in order to avoid a false alarm. If you plan to do a controlled burn, please call the 9-1-1 Administration at:


Report what you are burning, the land location of the controlled burn, and the telephone number you can be reached at. This will avoid charges for the Fire Department Services that are not an emergency. Also, call the RM Office or your Councillor to notify them of the burn.

Landowners are responsible for the cost of firefighting services from responding departments.